In recent years we've seen the cost of laser printers really plummet, making these up-market printing devices accessible to the majority of home owners, where previously they were more exclusive to offices and business owners who relied heavily on their printing devices. Indeed, it appears the more that technology develops, the more accessible these advanced technologies become to your average home owner, and we've seen a huge increase in the amount of laser printers found within domestic environments. Laser printers are renound for speedy printing and a professional finish - but there must be a catch right? We run through the pros and cons of low cost laser printers to help you decide whether or not a laser printer is a worthy investment for your home.
The Pros of Low Cost Laser Printers
- The quality of print that laser printers produce is undeniable. The majority have a great resolution which provides crystal clear printing and if you're primarily going to be printing documents then it's undeniable that a laser printer is the best in the game
- The speed of printing is second to none, with a laser printer able to polish off large documents in a very short space of time. The average laser printer can complete 20 pages a minute, which if you're on a tight schedule is a great plus, you'll have to agree!
- Laser printers are smart looking and compact. Their size is continuously reducing and now rather than a huge pertruding machine, you can have a tidy looking piece of kit which won't ruin your office decor - a definite plus for the house-proud
- Rather than the traditional messy ink cartridges we're used to, laser printers print from a powder-like substance called toner, which is a powder form of ink. Toner is less messy, takes up less space and therefore your toner cartridges hold more - meaning you get more pages for your money per toner cartridge than you would per ink cartridge - another huge bonus
The Cons of Low Cost Laser Printers
- The first catch is toner - it's expensive. There's no way around it. If you're going to be printing regularly, a toner cartridge can set you back a good few pounds every time it needs replacing. Here at City Ink Express we try to offer a range of compatible alternative toner cartridges for all major printer models - so you're not getting branded toner, but you're getting completely compatible toner which is tested by us before shipping and a guaranteed quality products. Many of our customers opt for this method to cut down on costs.
- Colour laser printers are available, but they're a bit more expensive. They also don't print pictures as well as an inkjet or specific photo printer, so if this will be your primary printing use you might want to research some other methods, because a colour laser printer may well be an unnecessary expense which doesn't perform how you want it to.
So there you have it, the pros and cons of low cost laser printers. Which is the best option for you? If you need any help deciding please don't hesitate to give one of our friendly printing experts a call on 01332 347773!