We regularly get asked tips on how to save toner whilst printing, because as we all know, toner cartridges can be pretty expensive. Regularly replacing your toner cartridge can massively bump up the overall cost of printing, so it's important to try and save money where possible without ever comprimising the quality of our printing jobs. Here are our top tips for saving toner whilst still printing everything you need!
1. Where possible, when shopping for your printer try and research which printer has the best value for money and cost per page. Occasionally you'll think you're purchasing a cheap laser printer but the cost per page far outweighs the low initial price. Quality over price will always help your printing costs in the long run!
2. Get a printer which allows you to print double-sided. An automatic duplexer will allow you to print copy on both sides of the page - massively saving your printing costs. You'll also be far more economical by printing this way. Doing your bit for the environment is always a plus, right?
3. Some printers will have an ink-saving or toner-saving mode. If you can select this in the settings of your printer then do - it will really try and get the most out of your cartridge.
4. Be sceptical of low-cartridge warnings. Printer manufacturers can afford to reduce the cost of their laser printers by charging a lot for toner cartridges, ensuring repeat purchases. They want your money as often as possible so always be sceptical when you get a warning message - you've probably got a few more prints before you need to replace it!
5. Take care of your toner and ink. Run regular cleaning cycles of your printing nozzles and print test pages to ensure everything is working properly. Ensuring no build up of debris or ink/toner blockages are effecting your print will improve the ink/toner flow, meaning you get more out of your cartridges.
6. Perhaps most importantly of all - don't shy away from alternative toner cartridges. Branded toner cartridges can cost you a fortune, but here at City Ink Express we stock an enormous range of high-quality, alternative cheap toner cartridges which will keep your printer working in tip top condition!
In recent years we've seen the cost of laser printers really plummet, making these up-market printing devices accessible to the majority of home owners, where previously they were more exclusive to offices and business owners who relied heavily on their printing devices. Indeed, it appears the more that technology develops, the more accessible these advanced technologies become to your average home owner, and we've seen a huge increase in the amount of laser printers found within domestic environments. Laser printers are renound for speedy printing and a professional finish - but there must be a catch right? We run through the pros and cons of low cost laser printers to help you decide whether or not a laser printer is a worthy investment for your home.
The Pros of Low Cost Laser Printers
- The quality of print that laser printers produce is undeniable. The majority have a great resolution which provides crystal clear printing and if you're primarily going to be printing documents then it's undeniable that a laser printer is the best in the game
- The speed of printing is second to none, with a laser printer able to polish off large documents in a very short space of time. The average laser printer can complete 20 pages a minute, which if you're on a tight schedule is a great plus, you'll have to agree!
- Laser printers are smart looking and compact. Their size is continuously reducing and now rather than a huge pertruding machine, you can have a tidy looking piece of kit which won't ruin your office decor - a definite plus for the house-proud
- Rather than the traditional messy ink cartridges we're used to, laser printers print from a powder-like substance called toner, which is a powder form of ink. Toner is less messy, takes up less space and therefore your toner cartridges hold more - meaning you get more pages for your money per toner cartridge than you would per ink cartridge - another huge bonus
The Cons of Low Cost Laser Printers
- The first catch is toner - it's expensive. There's no way around it. If you're going to be printing regularly, a toner cartridge can set you back a good few pounds every time it needs replacing. Here at City Ink Express we try to offer a range of compatible alternative toner cartridges for all major printer models - so you're not getting branded toner, but you're getting completely compatible toner which is tested by us before shipping and a guaranteed quality products. Many of our customers opt for this method to cut down on costs.
- Colour laser printers are available, but they're a bit more expensive. They also don't print pictures as well as an inkjet or specific photo printer, so if this will be your primary printing use you might want to research some other methods, because a colour laser printer may well be an unnecessary expense which doesn't perform how you want it to.
So there you have it, the pros and cons of low cost laser printers. Which is the best option for you? If you need any help deciding please don't hesitate to give one of our friendly printing experts a call on 01332 347773!
Earlier this month, The Guardian published a story about Epson. The Japanese electronics giant is changing its approach to the printing market; instead of selling printers as heavily-discounted loss leaders and recouping that money with overpriced ink cartridges, Epson will now be selling printers with refillable ink tanks, meaning that you'll pay more for the printer but less for the ink.
If you believe that Guardian article, Epson's latest move will "revolutionise the economics of home printing", winning back consumers who, in the past, were put off by the sky-high price of printer ink. Print-savvy readers, however, will notice that Epson's "innovation" is nothing new - in fact, we at City Ink Express have been selling printers with refillable ink tanks for years!
Fitting your printer with a CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) has always been a great money-saving move - a CISS tank lasts longer than any standard ink cartridge, and the ink refills are considerably cheaper than new cartridges. Furthermore, we still believe that our CISS printer bundles represent a more cost-effective choice than Epson's new printers. Let's do the maths...
- According to The Guardian, Epson's new printers will start at £249.
- Our cheapest Epson printer bundle - the Epson XP-312 - costs £118 (including VAT) and comes with a CISS tank and 400ml ink included.
As you can see, City Ink Express could still save you quite a packet. A full CISS tank can run for many months before it needs topping up, and when the tank does eventually run dry, our ink refills are very reasonably-priced.
Oh, and if you're more of a laser printer person, we also sell cost-effective toner cartridges!
Click here to read The Guardian's article about Epson.
At City Ink Express, we are always thinking of new ways to simplify the way our customers interact with our wesbite.
Take our 'Quick Search' as an example of this; we have recently made this feature more prominent on the page, to help ensure compatible toner cartridges are more accessible to you. Using our 'Quick Search' bar you simply type in the details of your particular printer model, and we'll show you a list of all the available toner cartridges to fit your device - and as this is City Ink Express remember, we stock both original and compatible cartridge options, making your selection is vast!
Using our Quick Search bar is the fastest way to purchase toner - so you can add speed to great pricing, high-quality, and excellent service for reasons to make City Ink Express your only toner vendor.
Choose your manufacturer here to access this awesome tool.
If you are looking for black toner cartridges, you're in luck! We pride ourselves on being the most comprehensive, well-priced, and customer service-focused toner vendor online.
What kind of things would you be looking for when purchasing black toner cartridges? Not sure? Well, here's what we have to offer...
- For a start, you can search via your device model itself, which ensures any cartridge you purchase will always be compatible.
- You can also trust that whatever cartridge you purchase from us is of an exceptional quality - we test all of our toner to ISO standards.
- Pleasingly, you'll also find our prices to be extremely reasonable, and the most competitively priced around!
- Even after you make your purchase with us, you can also benefit from our wealth of printing knowledge and expertise - this is accessible through a number of different communication methods and social media platforms.